Phase 3 Updates – July 30, 2020
Starting July 30, 2020 we’re offering a new takeaway window in addition to online orders at shop.themerrydairy.com with pickup and delivery options!
To make sure everything runs smoothly, the process is outlined below.
You will receive an email or text when your order is filled and ready for pickup or delivery.
Same-day Pickups & Next-day Deliveries
The inside of our shop is remains closed due to COVID-19, but the full range of products are now available at The Merry Dairy’s new takeaway window.
- Same day walk-up pickup noon-8pm Tues-Sun
- Vehicle drive-thru open noon-2pm Tues-Sat (no drive-thru on Sundays or Mondays)
- Next-day delivery Tues-Sat between 3-7pm anywhere in Ottawa
- Order before 2pm for next-day delivery
- Minimum $35 order for delivery
- Closed Monday
Pick up at our shop at 102 Fairmont Ave between noon-8pm Tue to Sun. Skip the line and pickup your order at the back door of 102 Fairmont – see below. (Note there is no parking onsite between 2-8pm to allow for physical distancing while waiting in line!)
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE SHOP
Walking & Biking Pickup
- Please maintain safe social distancing (6 feet) while waiting outside
- Look for the signs for “The Back Door” to pickup your order
- Send a text to 613-912-2979* with order number & name used to place order. Click here to text us!
- We will pass your order to you
- Enter the parking lot from Fairmont Ave between noon-2pm. If you are arriving after 2pm, please park on the street and walkup to The Back Door to pick up your order
- Send a text to 613-912-2979 with order number, name used to place order, and colour & make of vehicle. For example: #157897, Smith, blue Jeep. Click here to text us!
- Follow signs around to back door
- We will bring your order to your car
- Exit around onto Gladstone Av.
*this number is only for texts and cannot receive incoming calls.
- We deliver Tuesday to Saturday between 3-7pm. Order by 2pm for next-day delivery!
- We will drop the order off on your front step or as per other delivery instructions on your order (ie, cooler, lobby, side-door, buzzcode)
- If you are inside an apartment or condo please leave a buzzcode or other contact instructions, ie mobile #,. We will meet you outside of the building, or leave in the building lobby
- You are welcome to leave a cooler (please leave it open), but ice cream should be packed in freezer within 10 minutes of receiving it
- If you are not available to accept delivery of your order, it will be returned to our shop for pickup and you will be notified
- We deliver Tuesday to Saturday between 3-7pm
- Customers will be contacted the morning of delivery to determine a 15 minute timing window for delivery time
- The truck will remain at your location for up to 10 minutes for photos etc – please respect distancing protocols! 😷
- The truck can deliver anywhere in Ottawa. Rates are determined by postal code distance away from 102 Fairmont Ave
- To reserve truck, choose ‘Truck Delivery’ at the pickup/delivery checkout option
- Requests for catered events, ie, serving ice cream/soft serve, can be made here.